Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Butterflies and Bling


Well, today is a butterfly sort of day - which is just tickity-boo!!!

First, I created the card above for this weeks' challenge over at SUO Challenges - in Celebration of Butterflies. I pulled out all of my stamp sets that have butterflies - and finally decided on Great Friend which I haven't used much. I had fun applying the new Embossing Powder from the New Summer Mini!!!!! Woo Hooo for coloured embossing powder!!!!!
I stamped the images with Versa Mark then sprinkled a bit of embossing powder on, one at a time, until the image was totally covered. They aren't symmetrical like real butterflies - but just as fun to look at.
I used the Scalloped Dotted Ribbon Border punch, again, to create the edge around the oval. I know I'm going to keep using that technique!!!

Stamp Set/s - Great Friend, Word Play Paper - Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Beyond the Garden DSP Ink - Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Versa Mark Accessories - Scalloped Dotted Ribbon Border Punch, Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango, and Melon Mambo embossing powder, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon

Allison and I went to Tamye's last night for Marguerita Monday and THIS is the wonderful glittery purse I was so excited about. SOOOOOO simple and glamorous! I have a few other creations to share, but I 'll save them for later.
We used chunky glitter, so I can also see me coming up with a number of different glittery purses!!!! Too cute!

Stamp Set/s - Baroque Motifs, Warm Words Paper - Basic Black, Whisper White, Baja Breeze Ink - White Craft, Basic Black Accessories - Round Tab Punch, Oval punches, Ticket Corner Punch, Tombow Glue, Black Chunky Glitter, Dimensionals

Lastly, here are some butterflies with a bit of bling that we created at the Extravaganza on Saturday. I just love this image, and love how we applied the ink to the stamp with sponge daubers in order to get the two colours. Wonderful idea!!!!

Stamp Set - Strength and Hope Paper - Pacific Point, Whisper White Ink - Pacific Point, Pear Pizzazz Accessories - Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers, Snips


Well, the day is done. I went to a yoga class this afternoon for the first time in years - after having gone to physio yesterday. So, I need to put ice on my knee. I HAVE to keep up with the exercises, though, to continue to strengthen the muscles around my knee. I enjoyed the yoga and will go again!!!!

Tomorrow IS another busy day - full, full, full!!!!! Not sure that I'll stay out of trouble - but here's hoping???
Thanks for stopping by - Joan

9 comments:

Marlene said...

Tickety boo? LOL....I'll have to remember that one!

Gorgeousness. Any time you post butterfly cards, I drool.

Cindy Haffner said...

I LOVE your Butterflies, all so GORGEOUS!!~

Sharon said...

Great cards Joan! Love the butterflies on the first card! Looks like you've been busy creating!

Nance Leedy said...

I love how you've mixed the EPs on the butterflies--they're gorgeous! And your scalloped ribbon oval border is fantastic! Thanks for stopping by, my friend!

Maria Matter said...

these are fabulous Joan! I love those colors on your first card! well done on all three!!
hugs & blessings!

Margaret said...

3 beautiful cards! Love the embossed butterflies and that blingy purse!

Heidi Baks said...

I love the mix of embossing colors! Thanks for playing SUO Challenges.

Deb Hoekstra said...

That embossing powder made some gorgeous butterflies! Thanks for playing at SUO Challenges.

Jen Timko said...

Your embossed butterflies are so pretty! Love how it shows the new powders! So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!