Saturday, November 13, 2010

Reflections and Shadows

At our last team meeting we did a mirroring technique using vellum. By stamping the image on one side of the vellum, flipping it over and restamping, you can create a mirrored (reflected) image quite simply. We brayered the vellum with the Night of Navy ink before stamping the image, and this creates a wonderful night scene.

One of my fellow stampers, Tamara Bertram (Tamara's Paper Trail) found an alternative method to this which I also tried and used at a workshop I held this week. After stamping the image on the piece you're using for your card, you can create the shadow using Tamara's instructions...."... I stamped the image on the clear image sheet from my Stamp-a-ma-jig and then turned the SAMJ over to "blot" most of the image off on a scrap piece of paper. Then I pressed the image sheet onto my card to transfer the light image."

I love how this turned out because it's more like a sunlight shadow than and evening reflection. You should check out Tamara's creation because she has created a wonderful "shore" where the image and shadow meet.

We have no snow yet - temperatures are a bit nippy, but I'm thankful I'm not having to manoeuver through snow yet.
Hope you're having a wonderful day - Thanks for taking time to stop by - Joan

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Beautiful! Love this technique...but haven't tried it myself yet. No guts! :)