Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Perfect Blushing Garden...


It's another Color Dare Day and I found these colours so gentle together....Garden Green, Blushing Bride, Perfect Plum and Very Vanilla.
I tried a technique that I spotted in one of our recent "Stampin' Success" magazines for the blossom of this flower. I wet down a piece of watercolour paper and stamped the flower image in Blushing Bride - classic ink. Once that piece was dry - and the blushing bride colour had bled a bit into the paper, I topped it by restamping the image in Perfect Plum on the dried paper. The tiny bit of pink shows through the blossoms. I then cut out the whole blossom and raised it on the card.
I am loving the self adhesive pearls that we have right now...especially these teeny tiny ones I used in the centres of the tiny blossoms. The yummy Vanilla satin ribbon folds nicely along the bottom!
I hope you have fun with these colours, and once you have your creation, don't forget to post it at The Color Dare for everyone to see. Also, when you post on a public gallery, be sure to label it CD82. Finally, if you haven't seen what the other members of the Design Team have come up with this week, make sure you pop over to their blogs to check out their creations.


Thanks for stopping by! Joan

3 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Beautiful, Joan. I love the watercolor treatment with the flower--so soft and pretty. Great use of this week's colors! :-)

Marisa said...

Love that hydrangea and the lattice behind it is fabulous. Great use of this week's colours :)

Glenda J said...

Wow - great technique Joan - looks amazing! Love the lattice in the background1