Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Monkey

Just a quick post before I move on for the day...Lots to do.

Today's Technique Challenge was to encorporate three previous challenges into one....TLC20 using the baby wipe technique, CC30 using bravo burgundy and creamy caramel and SC40 for the sketch. This was very fun and it whipped up quickly.

For the little monkey's fur I used the two re-inker colours (Bravo Burgudy and Creamy Caramel) on the baby wipe and dabbed it onto the vanilla cardstock instead of rubbing it on. Don't ya just love this little guy.....he's going to be in the new Catalogue in August. He comes with a number of fun things to put in his hand - the cupcake was the best one for today's colours.

Better go - Sun is shining, lots to do - Happy Day.
Thanks for stopping by - JOAN

No matter how busy I am though....I will be participating in this weeks "Dirty Dare 08" on Splitcoast. Check it out!

5 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a fabulous card Joan and I love the colour scheme and the fun monkey. Put in my first SU order for lots of goodies. Can't wait for it to arrived. Don't work too hard and enjoy the sunshine, Hugs, Nikki x

Alex said...

Really cute Joan, I love this adorable little monkey and you made him look precious!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Andrea, said...

Brilliant card, I love the monkey

dpkennedy said...

Who doesn't love a sock monkey?! He's adorable! Great job coloring him...looks like he's made from a heather colored sock!

Heather said...

I love how you did the monkey's fur.