Monday, May 7, 2018

Variations with Vellum

Happy Monday - I do hope it's magical.
I put together these three cards for my upcoming Varations in Vellum workshop. Vellum is a wonderful paper type that can add a little something different to your cards no matter what the theme may be.  
In the Mermaid card, I used one of our embossing folders and embossed the vellum with the "Seaside" impression.  You DO need to be very gentle when taking it off the embossing folder, because it will tear.  My happy mistake is that I like the torn look for the edges of the sea foam, and I followed that idea through with the embossed cardstock.  To add a bit more dimension, I inked up the embossing folder (on the labeled side) with some Island Indigo Ink.....which is one of our retiring inks.

This card demonstrates the standard use of vellum...using a strip on the card to add an opaque window. I am so happy that this Petal Palette stamp set, from the Occasions Catalogue, is going to be included in the 2018-19 Annual Catalogue.  I will miss this DSP though!
The floral image is stamped on black with the White Craft Ink.

Finally, heat embossing on vellum.  I had the intention of colouring in the vellum with Blends/Markers, but these flowers looked better on this DSP without the colour added.  The Remarkable You stamp set is retiring at the end of this month.

You can create all of these cards by attending my Variations with Vellum Class

Thursday, May 17
6:30 - 8:30pm
at my home
Cost - $15.00 ($10.00 if you are a club member)

You can register for the class  HERE

That's it for this morning.  I hope you have a wonderful day.  
Thanks for stopping by.
Joan


No comments: