Friday, May 4, 2018

Halt Hording - Specialty Designer Series Paper.

 As crafters, I'm sure, we are all guilty of keeping some sort of product that we don't want to use because it's so  pretty/special/expensive/no longer available.  We keep it so we don't run out, and then we end up have way too much in our home.  This could be anything from fabric, wool, embroidery thread, stamps, embellishments or paper.  I am guilty of keeping an abundance of these particular items over my lifetime. The wool and fabric are gone, although their associated tools are still kept - just in case. Some of our Stampin'Up! Designer Series Paper, over the years, has been so wonderful that I have kept it; thinking I'd use it later.  Have I used it - nope.

This season, I'm changing that.  Well, in a small way.  I've found a wonderful way to use up the sheets of our Specialty DSP, which is thicker than the usual paper.  I got this idea from Ronda Wade.

For these particular cards, I'm using the Myths and Magic Specialty DSP.  It will be retiring at the end of May.  I've used co-ordinating cardstock and a variety of embellishments.

To begin, cut and fold your card base in a colour that co-ordinates with your DSP. Open up the base and trim 3 1/4" off ONE side.

Attach a neutral piece of cardstock cut 1/2 x 5 1/2".  Attach to the edge of the front of the card.

I add adhesive to the underside of my neutral piece (black) and then stand the card on it's side, with your DSP to be sure that the edges are matching.

Fold down the "flap", to secure, and you're done with the base.

You now have a fancy front, and a fancy inside.


Carry on to embellish the front as you like.  Here are some more samples using half of the choices of this  particulary Specialty DSP.







Finally, don't forget to decorate your envelope with scraps.

Put adhesive on the outside of the envelope flap.

Attach your piece of DSP.

Cut off the excess paper.

You now have an envelope that matches either the inside or the outside of your card.

That's it for now.  It's now your turn to dive into your scrapbook paper box, drawer, closet - and use some of the thicker favorites up.  People will love you for it because you've sent  them a handmade card, happy mail, for no other reason, perhaps,  than to say "Hello".

Thanks for dropping by
Joan



No comments: