Monday, August 30, 2010

Antique Friends

I began working on the Inspiration Challenge from Splitcoast on the weekend using this cute little dress from ModCloth. I created the base piece and wasn't sure what to do with the rest since I was using the sketch from The Sweet Stop. I didn't know what to use for the featured image. Lucky me - a box arrived today from SU and I had this "Timeless Treasures" stamp set inside - Yeah. So I was able to finish the card tonight.

I had a wonderful first day of school. I have one grade 2 class of 31 kids for music which is a bit overwhelming - but it's all good.
I hope you had a great first day to your week. And, if you have kids - I hope they had/have a great first day. Everybody starts at such different times now adays.

Thanks for dropping by - Joan

6 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Joan I love the DP and your card is beautiful!I am glad you had a good first day of school!My grandkids started back on August 10th and they think it is time for a vacation!LOL
Hugs,Connie

Beate said...

Your stamped background paper looks gorgeous! Great cadrd.
Hugs and smiles

Stephanie said...

Hey Joan, wonderful card, I just love the colors. Thanks for playing along at The Sweet Stop this week.

Stef H said...

oh that background paper is to die-for gorgeous! wow! the whole card is fabulous!

since i had my hip replaced in 1997 i have worn NOTHING but sneakers. even wore silver ones to my son's wedding. i would fall over like a dead possum if i had to even step into a pair of high heels - lol. i was gonna say weebil, but i know i'd NEVER get - or bounce - back up - haahhhaaaa

hugs :)

Marlene said...

Very pretty card!

31 kids in your class?!! WHOA, that's about 30 more than I could handle. ;)

dstandard said...

Beautiful - love the flowering! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!