Sunday, April 11, 2010

Circular Patterns

I realized once I sat down to post these cards that all of them have circles on them....rounding out the day!

This blossom - which is from the Pretties Kit- was painted with a mixture of Crystal Effects with some drops of re-inker added to it so that it was Rich Razzleberry. Once the whole flower was covered I dipped it into Dazzling Diamonds to coat it. The petals are a little bit stiffer than usual because of the Crystal Effects. The centre of the flower is just a 1" circle covered with Crystal Effects and coated with microbeads. Challenges covered in this card:
Splitcoast - Colour Challenge 262
Our Creative Corner Sketch Challenge- sketch
The Corrosive Challenge - Texture
365 Cards - Glittery Blossoms
Our Creative Corner - Bows

I bought a package of window sheets quite a while ago and
finally pulled them out to use them. I like how vibrant they look on top of a darker colour.
Challenges for this card:
Card Positioning System - Sketch
CCEE - Silhouettes on the Shade

Finally - I happened across a challenge that involved shoes...Daring Cardmakers - "If the Shoe Fits". I haven't used this big shoe in YEARS...so I decided to pull it out and do the challenge. The sketch from Card Patterns worked perfectly with it.

I hope you are having a restful Sunday. Thanks for stopping by.
Joan

18 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin all your cards.

dstandard said...

Beautiful cards - great simple lines!

Marlene said...

Oh my, these are GORGEOUS. (And I loved the butterfly you posted earlier, too - pretty all that glitter!)

Silke Ledlow said...

Joan all three cards are BEAUTFIFUL!!! Perfect take on all the Sketches & Challenges!!! Love the big, sparkly flower on your first card :) !!! Hugs ~S~

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, you did an amazing job with that flower from the pretties kit, I never thought of recolouring or dressing up like that! Such pretty cards :-)

Lea L. said...

These are all very pretty! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Deb Neerman said...

These are soooooooooo pretty, Joan!

Alex said...

these are so fun Joan, I love that last one - I mean shoes, really? LOVE it, girl!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kathy said...

A veritable shoe shop!
what a fun shoe card - just the ticket for this week's
Daring Cardmakers challenge

Lynda said...

A fantastic 'shoe' card - that's a great stamp you've got there! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulous collection of cards....love the silhouette image you used...thanks for playing with the CCEEers

Holly said...

Speaking about shoes....I LOVE that stamp! It's one of the 1st ones I bought. It put a smile on my face to see it again. Now, if I could only find mine..... Great card!

Maria Matter said...

these are fabulous Joan!!! beautiful images and designs!
blessings, Maria

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Oh how fun...all three of them...very creative...and BEAUTIFUL!!!

SueH said...

Beautiful cards Joan.

Thanks for ‘stepping up’ and joining the Daring Cardmakers this week.
Sue
x

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh they're all lovely!! Thanks so much for taking the time to play with OCC this week! xx

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful group of cards! Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner.
-Dana

Joan Ottevanger said...

A lovely card thanks for playing with us at Corrosive Challenges