Friday, March 5, 2010

Tea for Two

Today Sugar Creek Hollow gals are sharing their cards created with our first colour challenge.... Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip.

I've created a scene with Tracy's lamp image and added two tea cups on the table. I was happy to use this colour challenge because I was able to use some more of the felt flowers that fit perfectly. I added Crystal Effects to both the lamp shade and the tea cups to make them shiney.

It's going to be a busy weekend - we have a professional development day at school today... and then Amy and I are on the road to Calgary for Saturday. It will be a quick trip because dear director husband needs/wants me at church Sunday for choir. I'll then be spending time getting report cards finished.

Positive Note - Spring Break is coming up soon - WoooHoo! Hope you are having a Fantastic Friday - Thanks for dropping by and please be sure to drop in on the other DT members to see what they've created with these colours.

MarshaNancySarah
March Guest Designer

13 comments:

marsha said...

Joan, this is a fantastic card! I love how you combined the different digs.

Hugs,
Marsha

Donna Moore said...

Joan, what a gorgeous card, I just love everything about it. Your shading is perfect and this Bible verse is one of my favorites!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Such a cool scene you have created here Joan! I love what you have done with the lamp and tea cups. I still need practice on merging digi's. Great job on the color challenge.

stampinfrog said...

Joan I love the scene you have created.That light is absolutely Gorgeous and your coloring is exquisite!
Hugs,Connie

Deb Neerman said...

What a gorgeous scene you've created, Joan! Love those digis!

Stef H said...

oh i'd join you for tea anytime! this is stunning!

Alex said...

Super cute Joan, I love the little details!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tracy Vinson said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! It truly has a stained glass look to it.

Joseline said...

Oh Joan, you did a fabulous job with this card!!! I love the shading under the lamp and teacups!!

Cassie said...

this is ever so lovely - breath-taking

MiamiKel said...

Love, love love it! Such a darling image but you've made it look just sensational!

Maria Matter said...

very pretty Joan!
love your coloring!
blessings, Maria

Marlene said...

Ok. WOW. I love this!!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm going to follow yours, now. :)