Friday, March 12, 2010

Caviar Trio....

Saturday Salutations....
Okay - I know the title for this post is a bit odd....but it goes with the challenge which comes from CCEE and the picture of caviar shown at the bottom of this post. I was totally unsure of what I would do with this challenge but caught onto the idea from some of the blogs I read.

So...I took the colours from the three different jars of caviar, and the number 3 worked well with the sketch from Our Creative Corner which had the three bands coming into the middle of the card. I omitted the ribbon across the middle only because I didn't want to cut my "Totally Cool" girl off at the knees.

I used the "Things I Love" stamp set which includes "new shoes" in banana, "chocolate" in Dusty Durango and the black strip has "shopping".
I didn't want to add a different colour into the mix (beyond
the jeans which go with the little package label in the picture) so the present that she is holding was done in irredescent ice which I haven't used in so so long and is glittery in real life.

I'm posting this late Friday night....so I expect that I will be making another Saturday post during the day. In fact I already have some papers out on my table ready to be worked together. I am now going to settle into watching "Where the Wild Things Are" with my 18 year old daughter. Gotta love it when puberty is somwhat over and done with and you can be friends again!!!
Thanks for stopping by - Joan

7 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Lovely Joan!
This is a great take on the caviar!!!
Enjoy your weekend!
Blessings, Maria

Allison Rankin said...

So cute and fun...love these original colors!

stampinfrog said...

Great colors and the card is so cute!Fabulous coloring!
Hugs,Connie

Deb said...

What a great card Joan! Love the colours, you kept true to the challenge, and I find that a challenge in itself sometimes! Love the image and the little glittery package too!

Our DD is 17 and I agree, its a nice age! :-)

Gloria Stengel said...

Very cute! Thanks for playing at OCC.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love your totally cool girl and how you incorporated both challenges into your card Joan. LOVE how you worked the colors!! Thanks so much for joining us in our CCEE challenge this week!!

Rose said...

oh what a fun image and your card is fantastic. thanks for joining us on the OCC Sketch Challenge this week :)