Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tangerine Flower

Second post of the day....

The sketch I used is from this week's Splitcoast Sketch Challenge and the colours are from the Colour Throw Down -Tempting Turquoise, Soft Sky, Tangerine Tango and Black.

I put the base of the card through the Big Shot with an embossing folder so that it had some texture - I decided I wanted to keep most of it showing. I used the Fifth Avenue Embossing folder on the Teal piece of paper and then gently dragged the stamp pad over the raised sections. The centre of the flower is made of orange microbeads.

I rarely remember to decorate the inside of my cards - but I did today because of the black base.

I hope you are having a wonderful day!!!
Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Fabulous card Joan!Fantastic color color combo!
hugs,Connie

Deb Neerman said...

What a fabulous creation, Joan! You totally rocked this color challenge ... love your entry!!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Joan, I love the tangerine and blue combo

HappyCrafter said...

Very neat effect, love that combo of colours and of course the glitter of the microbeads.

Joseline said...

Very pretty!! Love the colors and the sketch. You did an awesome job!!

Deb said...

Fabulous card Joan, love how you put the colours together, and the orange microbeads are perfect!

Marlene said...

I think turquoise is quickly becoming my next favorite color. (It may never replace purple, but it's coming close!) Beautiful card!

Allison Rankin said...

Gorgeous...great mix of colors and stamps! Nice work Joan!

dpkennedy said...

So pretty Joan! Great sketch and I love how you finished the inside!
Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown! Have a great weekend!

LeAnne said...

This is just lovely....I have resisted Fifth Ave Floral, but each time I see something made with it, I want it!!! Thanks for using the CTD colors in this beauty!

Broni said...

Beautiful, Joan! Love that you stamped the flower inside too! Thanks for playing along with us in the Throwdown!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Elegant and beautiful, Joan! I love it! Thanks for joining us for the Throwdown!