Friday, February 1, 2019

Morning Happy Tails

 Today is the first day of a five day snow forecast - so what better way to begin, than hunkered down in my craft room creating.  I selected the "Happy Tails" stamp set and tomorrow I'm going to have to get busy with the Nine Lives set.  I'm a cat person by nature, and have now used the dog set more than the cat set.....gotta even it out.  But that's tomorrow.

For my first card I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches using washi tape for the diagonal pieces.  They made for a quick and easy card.  I change the layout a little because of the way the dog is facing.
 All of my cards today are monochromatic.  Just the way I like them; black and white and a tiny pop of colour.  I love the Dot to Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder...the varying sizes and wonky shapes.
This card was actually my first creation this morning.  It's a pretty blatant CASE from Heather Heroldt off of Pinterst.  The only thing I changed was adding DSP in place of a stamped background.  But the casing led to two of my own creations and that's what it should do - inspire you to go further.

Well, I think I'll suggle in with some tv and knitting.
Stay warm and cozy
Joan

2 comments:

Karren said...

Super-cute collection of dog cards and what a wonderful way to use the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches

Judy Rozema said...

Just adorable little pups and a great color combination! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!