Saturday, June 9, 2018

Rooting for Rooted in Nature

 I'm a nature sort of girl.  I love walking in the woods: listening to sounds around me, taking in the aromas and looking for nature amidst the nature.  So, I love our tree and leaves sets through the years.  I'm excited about this Rooted In Nature set because it can be bundled with the Nature's Roots Framelits so the images can be cut out easily to create different arrangements on your cards.

However, for my first card with this set, I didn't use any framelits.  I just stamped the leaves multiple times in three different colours: Cajun Craze, Grapefruit Grove and Mint Macaron.  These are three of the  colours featured in the Nature's Poem Designer Series Paper that coordinates with this set.  I've used some of the paper on a number of my samples.
 This big tree is one of my favorite images.  The shading among the leaves is wonderful.  I like the sentiment from this set also.
 For this card, I cut out the leaves with the framelits and then embossed them with the embossing framelits.  I much prefer when paper has some texture in it rather than leaving it flat.  I sponged some coordinating colour onto each leaf just to add a bit more interest.
 Rich Razzleberry and Petal Pink are also colours included in the Nature's Poem DSP.  Paired together, they make for a more feminine tree card, for those nature gals in your life.
Finally, I embossed some Soft Suede and Gold Foil together with the Woodland embossing folder and then popped up the tree image and the sentiment (from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous)  This sentiment could easily be changed for a retirement, sympathy or anniversary card.

I'm having fun playing with my new toys and creating a bunch of cards from one set.  I hope you find some inspiration here and are also moved to create cards for events in your family and friends' lives that go beyond Birthday.

Thanks for stopping by,
Joan


 Rooted in Nature Bundle - Clear Mount 148353 - $99.00 (Save 10%)
Rooted in Nature Bundle  - Wood Mount 148352 - $115.00 (Save 10%)
Rooted in Nature Stamp Set - Clear Mount - 146482 - $57.00
Rooted in Nature Stamp Set - Wood Mound 146479 - $75.00
Nature's Roots Framelits Dies -  146341 - $53.00
Nature's Poem DSP 146338 - $15.00

No comments: