Thursday, June 7, 2018

A Serene Garden

 Lately, I've been playing around with the "Serene Garden" stamp set and the coordinating thinlit dies.  I just love the flowing lines of this set, the butterfly and the bird.  There aren't any sentiments included in this set, so you can pull from the greetings you have on hand and pair  them with punches or framelits.  It's the time of year for Grads, Retirements and saying thank you.

For the above card, I stamped the image in "Memento" ink and used regular markers to colour around the edges of the image.  I then used a blender pen to bring the colour into the rest of the image.  I am loving the new coloured Artisan Pearls to add a subtle bit of bling.

 This design could easily be used for absolutely any occasion.  The embossed gold makes it perfect for retirements, birthdays, anniversaries; but it's also suited for sympathy and well wishes. 

 You can't tell from the photo but the three little bits of colour on this card are popped up with dimensionals.   I love that the stamp set is bundled with a matching thinlit set.  The bird, butterfly and flowers can be easily cut out and popped up off the card.
Finally, the thinlit set includes an embossing piece to add a subtle depression into the cardstock.  I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it would work perfectly on an envelope too.

That's it for now.  I hope you've found some inspiration here.  I'm not done playing with new toys yet, so stay tuned.

Have a great day,
Joan
Serene Garden Bundle - 148395 - $56.50 (save 10%)
Serene Garden Stamp Set - 146501 - $22.00
Garden Scene Framelits - 146355 - $41.00


No comments: