Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pistachio Coral Happiness

It's a colour day at Sunday Stamps today and it's like we're trying to have one last taste of summer colours before covering up with warm fall hues.  Our colours today are  Mint/Aqua, Coral and Gold and I've used Pistacchio Pudding, Calypso Coral and our new Gold Foil Sheet Paper.  I love this gold paper because it's rich but not too blingy.

The card I've created for this challenge was created early enough to use for my one of my techniques this month.  I've used the Secret Garden stamp set and did the Versa Mark Resist technique.  The greeting is from Yippee Skippee.  

I had a bit of a mistake when I was creating this - I put the edglit die down on my finished paper - thinking to have a white scalloped edge.  Instead it cut the edge off and I ended up with a different "scalloped" edge.....That's why the gold Finishing Touch got added - and it worked perfectly.  I love when your mistakes work out.


I hope you have a wonderfully creative Sunday - we are heading to War Horse tonight and I'm thoroughly looking forward to it.
Thanks for stopping by.
Joan

4 comments:

Hofkissed said...

I would've never known that edge was a mistake. I actually love it! I think I'll have to try making a "mistake" like that too. I really like the look of it.

OttawaMom said...

Very pretty card Joan and I love the added gold edge. I've never used it before, but you've just inspired me to try the Versa Mark Resist technique!

Unknown said...

You're darn tooting you can never have too much happy! And this card will surely make somebody happy :)

Kathya said...

Love how you used the VersaMark resist technique on your card. I too like your mistake, looks very cool. Using the gold paper is fun huh!