Sunday, November 25, 2012

Fun in the Snow

It's Tara's turn at being the Host over at Sunday Stamps this week and she has a great color combination for us to work with...

I'm always a little nervous when I have to use Real Red - but I'm pleased with what I came up with this week - I even used more red than just a teeny tiny bit!  Once again, I've created an MDS layout that is all ready to be filled with pictures as the occasion occurs.  I'm planning to put some pictures in here of Elliot in the snow. 

I've added some stitching along my polka dot layer - and I learned a technique for "cutting" the edges of the MDS ribbon.

So - give our colour combo a try this week.  If you're looking for more inspiration, you can check out the projects the rest of the Design Team has come up with....

Holly Endress - Hollybeary Creations
Tara (Murphy) Bourgoin - Can't Stamp the Rain
Monica Hornof - Stamps'n Jewels
Steph - Hofkissed
Joan Jeffery (me) - JJ Creations

***Don't forget we are offering up 2/$25 Stampin'Up! Gift Certificates this month.  Each time you enter a challenge you are entered to win***
So settle down in your craft room this week - and post your link over at Sunday Stamps so we can see what you've created.

Thanks for stopping by
Joan
Supplies for this MDS page...
Background
     Color = CRUMB CAKE 179,161,131

Embellishments
    Staple & Stitching/Whisper White - Stiching Zigzag
    Scallop Dots Ribbon/Scallop Dots Ribbon - marina mist (re-colored)
    Scallop Dots Ribbon/Scallop Dots Ribbon - cherry cobbler

Stamps
    Splatters/A Split Second/A Split Second - splatter 3, Color = WHISPER WHITE 255,255,255

Punches
    Basics/1.25 Square Punch, Fill Color = REAL RED 199,44,58
    Basics/1.25 Square Punch,  Filled with: Designer Series Paper/_Designer Kits/12 Days of Christmas - designer series paper/12 Days of Christmas - 9
    Extras/Snowflake Punch, Fill Color = BASHFUL BLUE 177,217,242
    Extras/Snowflake Punch, Fill Color = REAL RED 199,44,58
    Extras/Snowflake Punch, Fill Color = WHISPER WHITE 255,255,255   

4 comments:

Tara Bourgoin said...

Oh, I LOVE what you have done with the colours - and the 'cut' ribbon technique is fantastic. Must remember to try that :) Your pages are so fun and happy, Joan! I love them.

Hayley Kew said...

The more I see from you MDS loving ladies the more I am inspired to give it a go! Perhaps I should go take advantage of the upgrade... Hmmm you have given me something to think about :) Beautiful layout!

Hofkissed said...

Great layout and I love all the red you've used! Real Red is a pretty bright colour, but it works so well here!

hollybeary creations said...

What a fun layout.. I love the snowflakes and how you used the challenge colors.