Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Umbrella Thanks

I'm sorry I haven't used this set more often - I really like the images - this umbrella and the corset.

Today's creation is a blend of Stampin' Royalty for the sketch, Handstamped Sentiments asks for watercolour this week  and Color Throwdown for the colours - Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, and I used Baha Breeze instead of Brocade Blue.

I used ink and aqua painter for the umbrella and for the faces of each of the watches I added a bit of Crystal Effects.  I absolutely love this pleated ribbon; it's so easy to work with.

We've only got one more day of school before spring break.  Wooo Hooo!  
I haven't shared a picture of Elliot since he was born - he's such a precious calm baby! 

Have an enjoyable day!
Thanks for visiting! 
Joan


10 comments:

Krista said...

I love this and the coloring is so pretty. Great choice of colors. I like the way you used the pleated ribbon to frame the stamped image, too! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.
P.S. Elliot is so cute!!!

Georgeann Manning said...

So pretty, Joan!! love how you used the pearls! thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty challenge!

Erika Clark said...

Ooh, this is LOVELY! Nice colors & I love the pleated ribbon circle.

Kim said...

I love your card!! That pleated ribbon around your umbrella is done so well. Gorgeous colored umbrella as well. :>)

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is just wonderful, love the dangling pocket watches! And MR. Elliot...how CUTE!!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Love the colors you used and the coloring is great! I also love the ribbon used like that! And how can I NOT love the baby:-) He's very cute!

LeroyLime said...

Joan, such a pretty card and I LOVE what you did with that beautiful ribbon! A perfect watercolor indeed! Thanks for playing along this week at HSS! Elliot is a cutie too...

inkedx2 said...

Beautiful card! Love this image watercolored. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Sandie Conner said...

Beautiful card, I love the pleated ribbon, great touch. That Elliot is such a cutie. Thanks for having fun with the goddesses over at Stampin' Royalty this week!

Louise Brown said...

Love the colors you've used for the Umbrella ..beautiful ribbon edging. TFS