Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Easter Crosses



This card went through a bit of an evolution  through it's design.  I've used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, colours are from Color Throwdown - (Regal Rose, Lucky Limeade, Basic Black, Basic Grey) and the Easter theme is from Hand Stamped Sentiments.

I struggled with the sketch a bit, just because I was trying to add two pieces of coloured DSP in the background, and it just wasn't working - so I opted for simplicity.  The two background crosses were initially stamped grey on white.  I like this effect much better - white craft ink stamped on black.

Today holds bag prep for stampers and movie watching.  Later, I'll do some sweater knitting, and movie watching.  It's just that kind of day.

Hope your day pans out the way you like!  Thanks for stopping here for a visit.
Joan

8 comments:

LeroyLime said...

such a pretty Easter card Joan, one to remember that it's not all about Bunnies and candy! Love the detailing on your center cross. Thanks so much for sharing this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Jen Timko said...

Very pretty! I love your coloring on the center cross. Glad to see you this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wonderful Easter card Joan. I like how you've staggered your sentiments and the colouring of your cross is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Broni said...

That's such a beautiful cross for Easter! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Krista said...

I like your layering and I really like your choice of the white on black crosses. I also like that you focused the color on the center cross. Happy Easter to you and your family! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Stampin by Genny said...

I never thought of using black in an Easter card. You pulled it off. The crosses show up wonderfully. Such a beautiful textured card. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

inkedx2 said...

I like that background also. It almost has a ghosting effect. Very pretty coloring on the other cross. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful easter card...the croses are lovely!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!!!!