Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Simple Christmas

That carpet of leaves outside is getting deeper and deeper - and crunchier and crunchier - so I know that the days are numbered before Christmas will be here.  I have read on a couple of websites how many weeks or days there are - but I don't really want to give the fall up yet.

Today's card uses the sketch from Just Add Ink this week, and has a simple nature to it for keeping it simple over at Stampin' Royalty.  What simpler way to dress up a wintery or Christmasy card than with either the snowflake embossing folder or the Northern Frost Strip Die.  On top of that, the Silver Glimmer paper makes it supper easy to add glitz to the snowflakes.

I had my first practice with the Grade 4 handchimes today at lunch - they're so excited, and did pretty well for the first day.  Looking forward to a good year.
Thanks for dropping by for a visit - Joan

2 comments:

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Love the rhinestones on the flakes. Very pretty card! I used to love the handchimes at school! It was my fave part of the week. Thanks for playing this week!

Hugs,
Brandi

Jenn Picard said...

So pretty! I love the sparkley snowflakes, thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Royalty. Oh and I would love to be hearing hand chimes instead of the recorder that my son is playing in third grade:)