Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall Mashup!

Have you shuffled through any leaves yet?  I have a little bit - I'm waiting for the big piles though!  Fall is my favorite season and so I was excited about this weeks Mashup! - Here it is...

  1. Create a project with an "Autumn" theme.
  2. Or Create a project using shades of "Yellow & Orange".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Autumn project using shades of Yellow & Orange".

I haven't used Autumn Splendor yet this season, and I have never embossed these leaves either.  Wow - they look fabulous embossed in gold.  I used Peach Parfait, So Saffron and Cajun Craze for the leaves as well as stamping those colours on the background piece. 

I really wish we had big oak trees here in Alberta - but alas, we only have small oaks, not like the ones in Ontario or the Okanagan.  But believe me, I'll take any kind of crunchy leaves to shuffle through - nope, never gonna grow up!

So, don't forget to pop over to the Friday Mashup! to check out the beautiful creations by the Design Team and remember to use FM24 as a tag when you are uploading your creation to a public gallery and also link it back to the Mashup! blog.

Hope you're enjoying some autumn splendor - thanks for visiting

9 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

S T U N N I N G ! ! !

Heidi Baks said...

This is gorgeous, Joan!

Lisa said...

I love shuffling through the leaves too :) Heck, I still jump in the leaf piles with my kids, LOL

Beautiful card Joan, I love the embossed leaves, they are quite striking!

Notes by Nina said...

Ohh this is so beautiful. The leaves are stunning.

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Joan, This is just beautiful. I love the embossed leaves. and the background is beautiful too, just sets the right tone for it.
Cindy

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Back again Joan, Thanks for you comment on my inspiration card for this challenge.

I just to let you know that is the way the French Foliage comes out, all veins and some clear areas, the only thing I did was use the rock n roll technique and then a tiny bit of sponging around some edges where I wanted more ink. Easy! Love this set.
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Kim P said...

WOWZA!!!!!!!!!!!! The gold embossing was a BRILLIANT idea...just GORGEOUS! Fabulous job! I love that dp, and have not used it with this lighter tones before...looks great.

You knocked this out of the ballpark, Joan!

Lesley said...

Wow Joan...this is stunning! Love the glimmery leaves...

hollybeary creations said...

I love the gold in those leaves.. So pretty.. and they way you did the leaves in the background of your focal piece is stunning.