Monday, August 22, 2011

Mojo Die Cuts

Happy Monday!  Truly my last week of summer for 2011 - gotta make it good!

I think I may be getting a wee bit of a handle on this "watercolour" technique - I used the glimmer paper for this flower, embossed the image on, used my aquapainter to "paint" water on the paper instead of misting it, and then dropped the re-inker on with the aquapainter....and let it go where it wanted.  I'll have to try it with one of the "Fifth Avenue" flowers to see if I've finally got the knack.  I have stacked three of these flowers on top of one another - can't really see that in the photo.

I used pieces from the Playful Polka Dots Simply Scrappin' Kit  to complete this sketch from Mojo Monday - different borders was the highlight of the day - so I used the ones from the kit as well as the scalloped circle and leaves.

Today I'm spending little snippets of time sorting my husband's music from his Men's Chorus - I gathered 3 bags and one box of music - Sheesh!  He hates organizing and I love sorting - so it all works out.  We're going to a music reading tonight with a couple of other choir members to see what's new.  Just one more thing that gets started up again in the fall.

Hope you're having a wonderful day.  Thanks for dropping by.  Joan

1 comment:

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Joan,

How nice to see a fellow Canadian!

Your card is so pretty - I must confess I'm partial to yellow and pink together.

I think your watercolour is fabulous - just keep at it, thats what it takes, practice, practice and more of the same!

Hope your music practice went well. A thought crosses my mind, as my husband is musical too... any sheets that he's not using anymore, save those for paper for your cards!

I have some free templates that might come in handy if you'd like!

Happy Carding!

~ Barb
www.lalalime.blogspot.com