Friday, August 19, 2011

And We're Done....

I must say that after a productive morning/afternoon - the afternoon/evening took a tailspin and I'm done!  After I'm done posting here, I'm going to hunker down with a bowl of popcorn and watch some mindless television....which I rarely do.  Better find a good movie I guess.

Today's card is courtesy of the Friday Mash-Up!  I so look forward to these to see what the combination is going to be...
  • Create a card with buttons OR
  • Create a card with cupcakes OR
  • Create a card with buttons and cupcakes.
I so rarely use this cupcake die for the Big Shot I thought I'd pull it out for this challenge.  The colours are from Just Add Ink - Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait, Bashful Blue and Very Vanilla.  

For the icing on the cupcake I used the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder and then added some of the new Dazzling Details to the ridges.  I did put the cupcake holder through the crimper, but after squooshing it to get the sticky tape to stick, the ridges disappeared a little.

The card is good - I'm happy with it, I just need to sit and not move for a while, because I can't seem to just do one thing alone this evening.  I went upstairs after finishing this card and somehow proceeded to clean out the sideboard, and a china cupboard, and iron  (yes I said IRON) some linen napkins.  That's after repotting a whole whack of house plants earlier.

Sheeesh - I need school to start soon !!!!  Hope your evening/day is restful!  Thanks for dropping by!
Joan

9 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hiya Joan, you have been busy! Your card is very pretty, I love that new birthday greeting. Nice to see you've mashed it up and used both components Buttons and Cupcakes. Nice job.

Thanks for playing with us again this week.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Kristin said...

I LOVE the icing on the cupcake! Enjoy your relaxation and the popcorn. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog this week!

hollybeary creations said...

Great Cupcake Joan... Love the icing swirls you made! My favorite part is your background on your top note.. I love that look! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week, always great to see you back!

Mae's Cachet said...

I love how you have made the icing on the cupcake. I wonder if you put the sticky strip on first and before taking off the backing tape ran your cupcake base through the crimper would that help in keeping the ridges? Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

Lisa said...

Wow Joan, you have been busy! I hope you did slow down and take a breather!

Fantastic card...I really love the colors and I have to echo everyone else, the icing on the cupcake is awesome. You did a great job Mashing up the challenge and I am so glad you played along with us again at The Friday Mashup!

Patrice said...

Hope you found something mindless worth watching *smile*.

Love your end result. I found these colours challenging, as you'll note by my super CAS card. You've made it look effortless and I absolutely adore your three little buttons - too clever.

Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jen Mitchell said...

I love those glittery swirls on the cupcake and how you've colored the sentiment. Great card!

Jo said...

Great job on a tricky colour combo. I love the coloured in senitment and the embossed houndstooth background. Thanks for playing along at JAI this week.

Kim P said...

Yummy card! Love the sparkle on the cupcake frosting! Good to see you at the Friday Mahup again! Hope you enjoy some movie and popcorn time too!