Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Button's Birthday...

She just might get upset if she knew I was posting this....but here is the card I literally Whipped up for Allison's birthday. I got distracted and ....oh, excuses, excuses!!!

Anyway, it started out as a case of my own card from Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge, but then it evolved into it's own form....just like Allison! All of the buttons are her....she's been her Daddy's button ever since she was born!!!

I was surprised and please when I threw the Lovely Lilac, Almost Amethyst and Groovy Guava together.....Who'd have Thunk????

Happy Stampin' - Joan

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Joan
Kiss from Spain

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, love the colour combination

Janine said...

Very pretty! The oranges and purples go well together.

Deb Neerman said...

Stunning!!!

Love this color combination; you rock!

Alex said...

Beautiful Joan - I totally love that big flower and the colors you used are yummy!!!!

I nominated you for an award on my blog!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Maria said...

Oh I love the big flower! It is so pretty. Great layout too! Wonderful job!

Maria

Neva said...

Joan this is such a cute "thrown together" card. Who'd a thunk yo udid not spend a great deal of time in creating it.

Amy Sheffer said...

Very cool color combo! Love the buttons, too.

Karen said...

Great card!!! That is a fabulous colour combination. I wouldn't have thunk it either, but I'm certainly gonna borrow that combo :-)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Oh yes...wonderful color combination!!! These buttons make this such a darling card! I love it!!! Thanks for sharing! :D

Scrapping Julie said...

super card. LOVE the color combo!

Laura lok said...

beautiful card. maybe she wont know you posted it.

Dawn Easton said...

What a fresh and fun card! I love all the buttons and that there is meaning behind them ;)

dpkennedy said...

It's beautiful! That is a great color combo, you're right! Very pretty card! Happy Birthday to Alison!

Corie said...

Oh my this is just BEAUTIFUL!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Very fun card! Love all the buttons!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is really beautiful, Love the flowers and the colours work really well and I would have never have thought of putting this combo together. Hugs, Nikki x