Sunday, August 24, 2014

You did It!

This afternoon I created a card using the Paper Players sketch and Sunday Stamps colours.  I found the colour challenge a bit had - but I'm relatively happy with the end result.
The Old Olive sheet was embossed with the Large Polka Dot embossing folder before I stamped it with the Gorgeous Grundge splatter.  Gave it a bit of an unusual effect.  I punched the large circle out of the centre of the piece and lined it with a piece of Sweet Taffy DSP.
I was very pleased with how well the new Satin ribbon took the Stazon ink.

Hope you're having a wonderful day.  I think I may head to school tomorrow to see what's up - and when I come home we'll have new stair railings!  Most of the major removal work has been finished - now we're heading into a week of new decor.  Should be fun!

Thanks for stopping by!
Joan



8 comments:

Andrea W said...

Your stamped ribbon is fantastic! So glad you shared your creation at The Paper Players.

OttawaMom said...

Great job combining both challenges! Great effect on that background and I love the stamped ribbon. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps Joan!

laurie said...

That's a fun background! I like the sentiment on the ribbon. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Clever use of the sketch and the colors, Joan!! Love the sentiment stamped on ribbon...so glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, what a great background you created and I am very impressed by your stamping on ribbon! Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players, Joan!

Hofkissed said...

Great card. Love the background and would've never guessed stamping on satin ribbon would look so clean! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

Leena Girsa said...

Lovely job on this card! That background has so many possibilities and I would never have thought stamping on satin ribbon would look so fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Glad to see your artwork in the Sunday Stamps gallery again, Joan! I love how you created your background paper and stamped on the ribbon and puckered it onto the card. Hope you will join us again soon!
:) Marie