Monday, July 22, 2013

Just A Note...


Welcome to a card sketch week with MDS Monday - and I'm the sketch designer this week.  I was busy ending school and getting ready for my first leg of my holiday when I had to have this sketch planned - so I went back in my blog looking for ideas I could use.....my eye caught the card I used as a swap at the Stampin'Up! Convention in 2008 - and so I thought it was the perfect card to use since I've just come home from Convention this year.

I've tweaked the sketch a bit because the envelopes weren't square - and I've used the "Keep In Touch" Designer Kit - having been inspired by Tara a couple weeks ago.

Be sure to check out the design team's projects - there is definitely inspiration to be found there - feel free to use any shape for the sketch and be sure to link your project back to MDS Monday so we can take a peak.
Here's the sketch

 Here's my original card - I did keep that "Bugs and Kisses" set - so cute!

Have a great day - thanks for stopping by
Joan



Supply List 
Background
     Designer Series Paper/_Designer Kits/Keep in Touch - designer series paper/Keep in Touch - 4

Embellishments
    _Designer Kits/Keep In Touch - embellishments/Keep in Touch - envelope 9
    _Designer Kits/Keep In Touch - embellishments/Keep in Touch - envelope 8
    _Designer Kits/Keep In Touch - embellishments/Keep in Touch - envelope 1
    _Designer Kits/Keep In Touch - embellishments/Keep in Touch - pencil


Punches
    Basics/1.25 Square Punch,  Filled with: Designer Series Paper/_Designer Kits/Keep in Touch - designer series paper/Keep in Touch - 6     



4 comments:

Tara Bourgoin said...

Love this sketch and love your card!! What a cute idea for a little notecard to someone - I have to remember to make more of these (and actually print them!). Love the original, too :)

beth rush said...

great note card Joan! I love that download, so cute. And I love that you showed the bugs and kisses inspiration! Its so fun to see the things we made way back when isn't it!

Heidi Baks said...

Ha, that old stamp set from your old swap card makes me smile! :) I just love that download, and the little envelopes are perfect for the layout.

hollybeary creations said...

This is great.. I loved this sketch and I really love what you created with it. All the elements really stood out against each other. And I really miss Bugs N Kisses that was such a cute set.