Sunday, March 31, 2013

Celebrate Easter & Spring

Happy Easter Everyone!  Blessings to you and your family!

It's a sketch day at Sunday Stamps this week and I love the one that Hayley has provided for us.  You could interpret the different sections in so many ways: varied DSP, varied embossing folders, varied colours, and as I chose, varied stamps.  I've been laid flat in bed, sick, for seven of the last ten days of spring break.....so I picked bright colours and a happy spring theme to perk me up!

I used a strip of our watercolour paper to create the rainbow along the side with an aquapainter and re-inker.  Then, just to bling things up a bit, I coloured our rhinestones with Sharpie to fall through the rainbow.  I'm figuring if Brian Pilling can colour rhinestones with Sharpie, so can I - and why not - it's awesome!

Check out the Sunday Stamps Challenge Blog if you're looking for some wonderful inspiration from the Design Team - and then let us see what you create!  Link your creation back to the blog by April 5 at 6pm EST.

Have fun creating, and enjoy the day celebrating the blessings of Easter.
Thanks for stopping by.
Joan

4 comments:

Tara Bourgoin said...

WOW! If this doesn't yell spring, I don't know what does. This is so fun! I hope that making this bright and cheery card made you feel better :)

Hofkissed said...

I LOVE your card Joan! So bright, cheery & colourful!! The repetitive images are great and so is the rainbow effect.

Kathya said...

This is such a fun and bright card! Love the varied stamp images, great idea! Really like your water color strip. Hope you're feeling much better now.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Love this bright and cheery card! thanks for the inspiration!
:) Marie