Thursday, January 3, 2013

Wish Big Bow Ties


It's been a very busy day - cleaning, finally getting rid of the big fish tank and a bit of crafting.  Two challenges in one card - 
I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches this week - tweaked a bit and I've used the colours from the Colour Throwdown.... Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and Kiwi Kiss.  
I like these bow ties from "Dapper Dad" - new in the Spring Catalogue.  They make me think of my husband who is working towards a different tie for every day of school.  I've also used the new Natural Trim Ribbon again - I just love it's texture.

I created this page a couple of months ago, in my altered book - I had started out with stamping the flourish from "Elements of Style"  It didn't end up stamping very well on the book pages because they were a bit bumpy from being glued together - so I sorta embellished the stamped images with more doodles.  For the colour I added some drops of re-inker to the page and then spritzed in with water.


I'm planning on making some little hand bound notebooks with our Stampin'Up! paper so that the ink acts "properly".  I never know what result I'll get  on published book pages.....but I have fun anyway.

Hope you're day was eventful - thanks for stopping by.
Joan


4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Great texture! Love the bow ties! Thanks for joining us at FMS :)

Joan Ervin said...

You have used the Color Throwdown colors beautifully...I love all the texture and what adorable bow ties!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Broni said...

The big bow tie card is so cute, Joan! I love all the embossing on it!! Your altered pages are awesome!! Love the colors! I'm so glad you could play along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Jen Brum said...

Great card Joan! Those bow ties are very cool! Love the colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!