Friday, May 18, 2012

Gumballs and Blossoms


Happy Friday - WooHoo it's the long weekend.

I'm travelling to Calgary today, so got up in enough time to get the Friday Mashup! completed and posted.  However, in my haste, I only did one part of the challenge this week....duh!?

  1. Make a project " with a Decorative Edge! "
  2. Or Make a project with " Ribbon and or a Bow. "
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project " with a Decorative Edge & Ribbon ". 
I guess I was so excited about using the new Gumball Green Satin Stitched Ribbon, that I neglected to put on a decorative edge.  Guess I'll have to create another card later!

The bird and branch are from Betsy's Blossoms and the co-ordinating wheel was used with Rich Razzleberry at the bottom.  There is a wee bit of the Floral District DSP peaking from behind the centre piece.

I've used a recent sketch from Stamping 411 that I hadn't gotten around to using.

Well, I'd better get packed and ready to head on the road.  It's the Annual Representatives Assembly for the Alberta Teacher's Association this weekend.  My husband attends all the meetings and I just tag along for a mini holiday....walking, shopping, etc.

I can hear a robin singing outside my window....it's going to be a great day!
Have a great day yourself - thanks for the visit.
Joan


5 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Joan, Your card is so striking. Your layout and colours are brilliant. Cute little bow too.

Thanks for playing along in my final Friday Mashup challenge.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Monica Hornof said...

What a great card! Love the two mats for the bird image :) And that stitched satin ribbon is just gorgeous, isn't it :) Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

Rita W said...

Love all the yummy new goodies! Such a fun color combination too. Thanks for joining The Friday Mashup this week!

Heidi Baks said...

Ah, nice, I love that you used the green with the ribbon. I'm struggling with that color. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

hollybeary creations said...

Now I have to get this set for sure.. I love the colors you used.. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.