Friday, January 6, 2012

Tea Mashup!

 Yippeee!!!  It's Friday....the last Friday of the holiday, which is sort of sad, but it will be good to get back to school on Monday.  Friday is a favorite day because of the Friday Mashup!  And today's Mashup is.....
  1. Make a "Birthday" project.
  2. Or Make a project using "Pastels/Chalks or Pastel Colors".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Birthday project using Pastels" .
 As I mentioned yesterday, I'm working on projects to display at my Open House tomorrow which feature new items from the Occasions Mini - So I knew I wanted to use the "Tea Shoppe" set.  This tea cup reminds me of my Grandma, and working pastels today was a perfect reminder of her too because she liked soft colours.

Initially the cup was stamped with Pretty in Pink ink, then I took off the colour from the flowers and stems with a blender pen, and added the Wisteria Wonder and Certainly Celery with markers.  I dabbed a bit of Elegant Eggplant in the centres of the flowers.

The edge was created with one of the Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies, done in three layers.  The card opens at the Pretty in Pink layer.  I am loving these new dies; including the Paper Doily.

Finally, I added the row of pearls at the "gathers".

Here are two cards I created yesterday using the "Mouthwatering" set.
 I hadn't planned on having anything stamped around the edge of this card - but when I added the "smile"at the bottom I ended up with a bit of a smudge - so I pulled out the swirl to cover it up.  Now it looks sort of like the vines for the watermelon.
Everything in threes yesterday!  I was going to add some Crystal Effects to these popcicles to make them shiny, but passed on that - at least for right now.

Well, I'm off to continue the day.  Lots to do to get ready for tomorrow.  I hope you have a good day planned too.  Thanks for taking time to stop by for a visit.
Joan

7 comments:

hollybeary creations said...

These came out great... The popsicle one is super cute!
I really like how you got all the different colors in the tea cup image.. Those colors are so soft together. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Joan, lovely cards, the new products are great to play with, I just got my final order as a demo and have 8 new stamp sets that I hope to ink up soon.

Thanks for plaing in our challenge.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Teresa Kline said...

beautiful birthday card, luv the colors...soooo glad you joined us at The Friday MashUP...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Lisa said...

You are having a lot of fun with the new items, and are making some great projects! I'm not putting an order in for another 2 weeks or so and boy do I wish I could get the stamps TOMORROW,lol.

I love your teacup card. I think your grandma and mine would have gotten along well! Some of the fondest memories I have of my Grandma are sitting with her at the kitchen table while she drank her tea.

Thank you for joining us at The Friday Mashup, I always enjoy seeing your cards!

Kim P said...

Wonderful cards, Joan! Love the tea cup with that doily...and the popsicles look yummy! Thanks for being so faithful in playing the Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

All very cute cards! Your tea cup looks way better than mine! Thanks for playing.

Rita W said...

Great cards! Love all those new goodies from the Mini! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!