Friday, December 30, 2011

Poppin Thanks

I've been busy today creating projects and e-mails for upcoming events....and worked in a challenge as well using the sketch from Create with Connie and Mary.

I used a couple of the new products which are in the upcoming Occasions Mini:  The Mixed Bunch stamp set - which I used the Poppin' Pastels technique on to create the two different colours on the one image.  I also used one of the new Edgelits Dies.  Next time I'll have to use the same die and then emboss it with the Impressions Folder.  

So many new things to play with - glad I'm on the holdiay break!

I'm also sharing a picture of the little purses I created for three young ladies this Christmas season - I put gift cards into them.  I got the tutorial for the patterns over at Inking Idaho.  There are three different patterns in the tutorial - I'll be experimenting with the others soon.

Hope you are having a wonderful day - Thanks for taking time out to visit.  Joan

7 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

Super cute how you stamped the flower for a background and then used one with the new punch. I like how you used the new Edgelits also! Thanks for playing with us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

Deb said...

This is such a lovely card! I love the colors you chose! They coordinate so well together! And what a great way to use the edgelets dies! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Nance Leedy said...

Great card Joan! Beautiful colors and i love your pastel treatment on the flower. I also like how you stamped the same flower to make your own DSP! So glad you could join us at CCMC...happy new year to you!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Very nice Joan - I love the colours you chose this week on your creation. Thanks for playing at CCMC this week and Happy New Year!

Lisa Martz said...

Great colors! Cute sample with this new stamp set. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

Mary Brown said...

I love how your used the flower image to create your background paper and then used it as your embellishment. LOVE the use of the edgelit! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Love that edgelit and flower combo! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge on Create with Connie and Mary this week!