Saturday, March 5, 2011

Casing the Pro

I spent all of yesterday, Saturday, recreating a project which I saw on Shelli Gardner's Blog (So Shelli) from back in December. It was a gift that they were giving to the TODAY show people - a tin filled either with cards, for the women, or Utah carmels, for the men. I loved the look of the box and the different cards inside - because of their simplicity - which is something that I sometimes have a hard time with. I wanted to create the gift - but not having all of the stamp sets that Shelli does - I ended up with variations that I am happy with. Instead of using a papier-mache box, I opted for a CD tin - which I still have a number of. I do believe I would like to make this into a class for my stampers.
Here's what I ended up with. You can see Shelli's original by linking through the sentence above.


Tin Front

The original of the card above used totally different stamp sets - I don't have any nice bird silouettes - but I do have the wonderful punch!!!

Again, the original card had a silouette of a swallow cut out and attached.....I used my Beautiful Wings Embosslit die.



What a fantastic idea this is for using up those little scraps you end up with from cutting for previous projects!!!! I've done this on purpose for a scrapbook page, but never on a card - Love it!

I had tons of fun recreating these. Now I think I'm better prepared for my Sunday project! Thanks for stopping by for a visit - Joan

You can earn FREE Sale-a-bration products three different ways.....

1) Spend $60.00 - For every $60 order, you can select one FREE Sale-A-Bration product of your choice! Order Online through my Website

2)
Host a Workshop Host a workshop of at least $395 and earn one FREE Sale-a-bration product of your choice in addition to all the other hostess benefits. Contact me at j-jeffery@live.com to book your workshop

3)
Join Stampin'Up! Sign up as a demonstrator or hobbiest during Sale-a-bration and get 15% off your Starter Kit - Plus a bonus bundle filled with over $60.00 in FREE product. Sign Up Today

1 comment:

Maria Matter said...

love the colors you used Joan, these are all brilliant! very inspirational!
hope you're enjoying your Sunday!
hugs & blessings