Sunday, December 5, 2010

Nutcrackers & Snow

I haven't created two cards in one day in a while....I liked the idea of a number of these challenges....and there are quite a few included in these two creations....so here we go....

The Sweet Stop - Sketch
Stamp Something - Christmas Color Combo
SCS Free4All - Nutcracker Theme

I haven't been to see the Nutcracker in a quite a few years - however I study it with some of my music classes at school. The dance and music is what I love most about it all...and although I danced, I never took ballet so never got to have a pair of toes shoes. So - I dug out another retired set, "En Pointe", to use for this card because I don't think of the nutcracker itself - I think Ballet!


Card Patterns - Sketch
CCEE Stampers - Use a snowman
Play Date Cafe - Rich Red & Fresh White
SCS Ways to Use It - Letters

Sorry to say, I dug out another retired set for this card - I do miss these Flakey Friends! There is also a wee bit of Dazzling Diamonds on the letters and on the ground beneath the snowmen, but it's not dazzling in the photo - oh well!

The Christmas season got kicked off last night by my attending the Christmas concert put on by the Josephburg Choral Society, - my husband directs the Men's Chorus. Perhaps today I will get the family to lug the Christmas decorations in from the garage. Then I'll procrastinate about putting the lights on the tree - I HATE that part - wish they'd just fly on the tree themselves!!!! Other than that, the house has the chance of getting a bit more spruced up for the season today.

Hope you have things which are helping you to get into the spirit, without adding stress! Thanks for stopping by for a visit - Joan

Nutcracker Christmas
Stamp Sets - En Pointe (retired), Bells & Boughs
Paper - Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Deck the Halls DSP
Ink - Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler
Other - Ovals die, Big Shot, Scallop Circle Punch, Decorative Labels Punch, Victorian Crochet Trim, Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers
Snow
Stamp Set - Flakey Friends (retired)
Paper - Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Brights Patterns DSP
Ink - Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard, Bashful Blue
Other - Northern Frost Decorative Strip, Big Shot, Naturally Serif Decorative Strip, White Satin Ribbon, Two Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds

9 comments:

Beate said...

Your Christmas cards look great, Joan! I still love the Flakey Friends snowmen.
Hugs and smiles

Cindy Haffner said...

Joan I love both your cards.

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Love both cards but especially the Snowmen one...sometimes the old stamps are the best lol :) I always drag out Mr & Mrs Snowman every year. Love the snowflake border...

Stef H said...

oh are these fabulous! i love the ballet slippers stamp on the first one - gorgeous.

happy holidays!

hugs :)

dstandard said...

Beautiful cards! Love them! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Marlene said...

Fabulous cards! You never cease to amaze me with your talents.

Agata said...

Great take on the sketch! I love that you used snowflakes for the border! Thanks for playing along with CP this week!

Ruby said...

Both lovely cards, but especially the second one! Lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Beautiful cards! LOVE that second one--super idea with the sentiment on the side:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}