Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Day of Casing......

'cause there are other things I want to be creating, and I don't seem to have the mojo for mine own cards today (see final card on this post!)

I spotted this first card over at Chat's blog - Me, My Stamps and I - on April 30. She did it in Bermuda Bay and Chocolate chip. I just loved how she layered the Lattice embossing with the Lattice die cut! I used the Brilliant Blue and Chocolate Chip because I figured it would be an opportunity to get rid of some of the bold bright brads that will fall by the wayside when the colour renovation takes place.

This second card is a case from Deb over at Stylish Creations. This paper is one of my favorites from this catalogue and I liked how she arranged the pieces and how she added the little tab along the side. On Deb's original card she used the new motorcycle from the Summer Mini. I finally broke down and got some of these silhouettes in the hopes of creating some more masculine type cards.
Finally - my card for two challenges. I'm not very pleased with how this turned out - the main piece was left over from an experiment a couple of months ago, and when I saw Mercy's sketch I thought it would be a chance to use it up. I was very disappointed when I couldn't find my gold microbeads to add more sparkle after I stamped a continuation of the swirls. Oh well! So this card has these challenges incorporated in it....

Lord Have Mercy! - Sketch #72
Stamp Something - Birthday Card


I'm off to continue the day with some scrapbook pages....I hope.
Hope you are having a great Saturday,
Thanks for stopping by - Joan

5 comments:

Maria Matter said...

these are all beautiful Joan!!!
You're right the butterfly looks gorgeous on the lattice!
Love the papers on all these!
Your challenge card (3rd one) is very elegant! great job!!!
hope you're enjoying your wknd!
Blessings!

Stef H said...

sheesh! i have a love-hate relationship with being busy! i like it - i don't like. look at all i missed!

absolutely everything on your blog is fabulous! i love the color of the skater's card and i like your easel card from yesterday!

happy mom's day!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful cards. Love your ribbon treatment on all of them. :)

Lisa said...

Gorgeous work! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something!

Erin... said...

wow these are all fabulous! lovely work! Thank you for playing along with us at Stamp Something this week, hope to see you again soon!