Monday, June 2, 2008

Shades of Eliza


It took me a while to decide on a movie dress for this past Saturday's Inspiration Challenge. It's amazing how many dresses I thought of which came from black and white musicals from MGM. I still have thoughts for a vibrant one...if I can make it work; but here is my rendition of Eliza Dolittle's outfit in My Fair Lady. (Which oddly enough is black and white, so I guess it was just meant to be.) I've used the layout from this weekends challenge on Stamp Something.

I filled in the lines of sticky strip with the black chuncky glitter and then tried to fill in the empty spaces with Dazzling Diamonds. I am wondering what I ever did without the coluzzle cutting system. I love making circles!!!!!

Well, off for now. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We're in our Canada Day Week at school now. Amy has tons of great prizes for the kids to win for her contests. I'm tense about the assembly on Thursday, but I'm trying to keep it low key......(ha ha ha she laughs madly!!!)
Thanks for stopping by - Happy Stampin' - Joan

18 comments:

papel1 said...

Your card is great. I love the black and white contrast. I am new to these challenges and they are a lot of fun.
Judy

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fabulous! Love the double circles and the hat pin! Wonderful in black and white!

Alex said...

this is gorgeous Joan! I love the elegance of the black and white and wonderful use of the pretties kit, my friend! Fabulous card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Andrea, said...

Stunning card, the black and white are so striking and the hat pin looks fabulous

Lee said...

Ohhh.........I missed this challenge and it sure was a fantastic one!!!! Your card is just so gorgeous and elegant and absolutely perfect with Miss Eliza Doolittle in mind!! I LOVE that musical!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun challenge! Great job on the B & W. I love VIN-CHIC!

Erin... said...

Great job combining the challenges! I love the hat pin in the center of the circle. Thanks for playing.

Bethany Paull said...

What a great dress choice! And I love how you used the colors, circles and stripes as inspiration.

Scrapping Julie said...

kewl card Joan!!!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff.
I just found your blog and love it.
Look forward to reading more.
my website
www.papercraft-ideas.com

Anonymous said...

Your card is very glamourouss (??) Very very nice. I see all what you do last days and it's wonderfull. I was organizaing a crop at home and I have no time to read blogs ...
A lot of sunny kiss from Spain

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful dress to pick! Your card came out great.
Hugs and smiles

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, this is Stunning perfect work. Love the color Black and White.....

Thanks for visit my Blog :-)))

Broni said...

Joan, that card is perfect for the inspiration dress you chose! I love the chunky glitter and the ribbons on the pin. Just great! (I love circles too!)

dpkennedy said...

Great card! I love the bold black and white! Great take on the dress and the pin is fabulous!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Love your card Joan, it's so stylish and elegant. The white and black really pops! Just beautiful! Great job with the sketch, thanks for playing along with us. :)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a fantastic card and I just love to see how you get your inspiration for your projects. Hugs, Nikki x

Tip Top said...

Congratulations on winning the challenge!!

The card is beautiful - well done!